Advantages: How you benefit from BOM explosion
What is the BOM explosion?
- The BOM explosion consists of a modern BW data model that transfers the entire data stream into a reporting layer.
- The data can be analysed in detailed and granular views.
- One application example for BOM explosion with SAP is for product cost analyses, for example. However, there are also numerous other conceivable uses where the data can be prepared and interpreted with the can be processed and interpreted.
"With this Reporting-tool and the underlying data model we give our customers a simple and fast way to analyse complex business processes. businessrelationships in theiof the parts lists (production and/or logistics) and this at a high level of detail.. With the correct interpretation of the data and the resultingdecisions considerable cost savings can be achieved.."
Harald Wetzel, Head of Basel location
How long does the implementation process take and what are the individual steps?
Possible steps for the Prototype installationswhich approx. 1 week takes, are the following:
Whitepaper BOM resolution
This article presents a solution for reporting and analysing product costing data (costing) across the entire product structure (view at multiple BOM levels).
The solution includes views for the product structure by BOM level or for aggregated data. Here, for example, where-used list functions for material (base material or assembly) or the respective activity type of various areas are precisely analysed.
Successful BOM explosion in five steps
This video presents a solution for reporting and analysing product costing data (costing) across the entire product structure. The video answers the following questions:
- What is BOM explosion in SAP Analytics Cloud?
- What are the concrete advantages for the customer?
- How long does the Implementation?
- What is the process of the implementation?
- Are there success stories from the practice?